This soup is amazing! I came up with this recipe by looking at several online recipes and then taking inventory of the ingredients I had. I turned on some jazz music and started chopping, dicing, and sautéing my way to Morocco! Enjoy!
· Olive oil
· 2 celery stocks (chopped)
· 1 sweet yellow onion (chopped)
· 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
· 7 garlic cloves
· 3 TBS of fresh ground ginger
· 2 sweet potatoes (chopped)
· 1 cup of lentils
· 1 box of veggie stock
· 4 cups of water
· 1 package of spicy hot Italian sausage links (5 links)
· Red pepper
· Tandoori (coriander, cumin, sweet paprika, ginger, cardamom, saffron) *Link for the spice is below the instructions
In a stock pot, coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil and salt. Add celery, onion, and red bell pepper. Sauté for 8 minutes. Add garlic and ginger. Add more salt, cumin, red pepper, curry, tandoori, and a dash of cinnamon. Sauté another minute. Add veggie stock. Add sweet potatoes and lentils. Bring to a boil. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Cook the sausage links on the grill (I like mine a little burnt). Cut up the sausage links and add to the soup. Dice the cilantro and add to the soup. Let simmer another 10 minutes. Add more seasonings to your liking.
*It is awesome with crackers!
Tandoori spice: https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/tandoori-seasoning/c-24/p-114/pd-s